Membership in the Student Section of the Maryland Public Health Association (SMdPHA) is open to all part-time and full-time undergraduate and graduate students in the state of Maryland. Students need not be enrolled in an public health program–ALL students are welcome!
SMdPHA has its historical roots at the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy. Formed by pharmacy students in 2003 to address an unmet need in their training curricula, the Section has expanded to include students from across the state.
- Networking opportunities with professionals and other students from across the state
- Opportunities for leadership in SMdPHA or any of the committees in MdPHA
- Organize or participate in educational or charity events with support from MdPHA
- Become part of an active advocacy community working on important issues at the local and state level
- Free or discounted registration for educational events such as our Annual Conference or Health Education Section meetings
- Opportunity to participate in the annual student poster competition, part of the Annual Conference (October)
Individual chapters of the Student Section at your college or university are an excellent opportunity to expand student engagement. We are also looking for individual students or faculty/staff advisors to be liaisons to the Section in order to more easily distribute information. Please contact us if you’re interested in more information on starting a chapter or becoming a liaison.