February 29: Health Night in Annapolis!
Please join MdPHA, the Maryland Environmental Health Network, and the Healthcare for All Coalition for an exciting night of awards and networking down in Annapolis. MdPHA will be presenting their Fedder Legislator of the Year award to Dr. Calvin Ball, Chair of the Howard County Council, along with awards recognizing the commitment to health and public health in the state of Maryland by Sens. Kasemeyer, Madaleno, and McFadden and Dels. Jones, McIntosh, and Zucker.
When: Monday, February 29, 2016 from 6-8PM
Where: Maryland State Education Assoc, 140 Main St, Annapolis, 21401
Who: Members and staff of all three organizations, regional advocates, YOUR legislators
What: Light snacks, networking, awards (details at right)
Legislative Session Activities
- MdPHA’s 2016 Legislative Priorities
- HB71/SB514 Supporting: Tobacco Taxes: Health Maryland Initiative (Testimony 2/17/2016)
- HB829/SB607 Supporting: Responsible use of antimicrobials in agriculture
- HB580/SB472 Supporting: Earned paid sick leave (MD Healthy Working Families Act)
- HB211/SB198 Supporting: Pollinator Protection Act (labeling/restrictions on neonicotinoid pesticides)
- HB749 Supporting: Prohibition of sale of powdered alcohol
- HB423/SB304 Supporting: Commission on Health in All Policies
- HB820/SB398 Supporting: Reducing Environmental Degradation for the Underserved Through Community Engagement (The REDUCE Act)
- HB595/SB497 Supporting: Keep the Door Open Act (Testimony 2/25/16)