This page will be updated below as new opportunities arise. Please contact us if you’d like to post a job or internship.
Maryland Public Health Association Climate & Health Coordinator
To apply, email: email@example.com
The Maryland Public Health Association (MdPHA), an American Public Health Association (APHA) affiliate, is a non-profit organization of public health professionals dedicated to creating healthy communities and improving the lives of all Marylanders. MdPHA is run by an all-volunteer board of twelve and an Executive Board comprising the President, President-Elect, Past President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Affiliate Representative to the APHA Governing Council. We are looking to hire a part-time coordinator, consultant, or fellow to support the board in activities that include managing a grant to amplify the health voice on climate-related health issues, communicating with the members, developing educational materials for members , grant reporting and deliverable tracking, coordinating with organizational partners, and other activities. For more information, visit mdpha.org/about-us.
- Provide coordination of activities/deliverables related to grant funding around elevating the health voice on climate health actions in Maryland.
- Promote awareness among health professionals on climate and health impacts and the solutions available in Maryland (planning webinars, integrating content into the annual conference/tri-state conferences, updating website with resources, and sharing information via our communications channels).
- Increase collaboration among health professional organizations and coordinate with representatives from health organizations who work on climate change and health in the state to amplify the health voice on climate-related health issues.
- Build capacity of health professionals to engage in climate action in support of climate-related state priorities.
- Assist with grant reporting and deliverable tracking.
- Coordinate and disseminate electronic communication with membership and community partners that include a weekly/biweekly email blast, quarterly newsletter, and announcements of special events.
- Oversee revamp/updates to the association’s website which will involve liaising between the board and external website administrator.
- Research funding opportunities for the associations and commit to submitting grant proposals for relevant funding.
- Oversee the completion of affiliate reports to APHA and other entities.
- Assist with planning the MdPHA Fall Membership Meeting, Tri State Meeting, and other events.
- Support the MdPHA Board with other administrative duties as needed.
- Coordinate with student interns in the completion of many of these activities.
- Attend one hour monthly board meeting and other committee meetings as needed.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelors or Masters degree in Public Health or related field.
- Experience in environmental health/climate health and familiarity with organizations in the state doing this work is preferred (but familiarity with building community partnerships among health organizations in Maryland could substitute).
- Previous experience in developing community partnerships and collaborations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with writing website content.
- Excellent working knowledge of social media platforms and design tools such as Mailchimp and Canva.
- This is a virtual position, supervised by a designated MdPHA Board member and the Board President. Weekly check-ins either via email or virtually are expected.
- Must demonstrate MdPHA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, and Teamwork.
- Approximately 60 hours/month: flexible hours and (approximately $1,600-1,800 monthly stipend depending upon experience).
Time Frame: Beginning June 2022 for one year with the possibility of extension.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org