Becoming a member of MdPHA is easy! You can fill out the form below to submit your information through our secure online site, and make a payment through PayPal. Or download the application, and send us a check! Please contact us if you have any questions.
NEW! Organizational memberships are now available! Click here for more details.
The members of MdPHA are Maryland public health professionals of all kinds: in practice, in academia, in government, in retirement or in school. We represent many disciplines working to grow healthy communities in Maryland.
As the state’s affiliate to the American Public Health Association (APHA), MdPHA is an organization of professionals representing all aspects of public health. Our mission to champion health equity for Marylanders through advocacy and community collaborations. To accomplish this, we have four main goals:
- Connect and support champions for health.
- Promote healthy and equitable communities for all where we live, work, and play.
- Address the current and emerging threats to the health of the public through advocacy, policy, and coalition-building.
- Empower the next generation of health leaders.
- Provide education to the public and professionals on public health issues.
- Advocate for public health policy consistent with our mission.
- Recognize excellence in both public health practice and public health leadership.
- Engage in projects to improve the understanding of public health issues.
- Promote networking, career development, and ongoing education as a means to advance public health.
Consists of members elected from and by the general membership at the Annual MDPHA Meeting. Board members come from MD universities, the MD Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, local health departments, state and federal government, health care organizations, as well as non-profits and consulting firms.
The Student Section of the Maryland Public Health Association (SMdPHA) is an organization open to ALL students from ALL universities, colleges, and the surrounding healthcare professionals and graduate students! SMdPHA focuses on serving the community, bringing more public health awareness, as well as public health advocacy and education.
Our Annual Meeting is an all-day event, with scientific sessions, posters, awards, and a business meeting.
The Legislative Event is held in Annapolis while the General Assembly is in session to allow members to interact with legislators and discuss policy issues.
Board meetings are generally held monthly.
Quarterly member meetings are held in various venues across the state.
Networking dinners and social hours allow members to engage with other public health advocates from across the state and for potential members to learn more about us.